Personalizing inline content with user profile traits.
Merge Tags are dynamic placeholders that allow you to insert personalized and variable content into your communications, such as emails, notifications, or messages. With merge tags, you can create messages that address recipients by their name, provide personalized recommendations, or include other dynamic information specific to each individual.
- Name - The title by which you can add the Merge Tag in your content
- Fallback - The value that will be used in case no value is available
- Merge Tag Id - The key from which the value will be retrieved
Keys can be accessed using dot
.notation. For example, you might use
location.cityas the Merge Tag ID to display the user's city. You can also access trait information if you collect it on profiles, such as
traits.firstNameif you capture names.
Merge tags are added to content as inline embedded entries within rich text fields. In this way, merge tags act as variables or placeholders for information that will be dynamically populated. To use a merge tag:
- Ensure that a Rich Text field of your choosing is configured to support inline embeds of the
Ninetailed Merge Tagcontent type
- Create at least one Merge Tag in your Content Source
- Embed the Merge Tag within the rich text field of an entry